This ad is expired.
Staff Psychologist (Licensed)
Job No: 497471
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Student Affairs
As the campus' primary mental health and psychological wellness service for students, the Counseling & Student Development Center (CSDC) is uniquely positioned to make meaningful contributions to Bucknell's initiatives related to diversity and fostering a culture of inclusion on campus. Additionally, we are committed to professional development and are proudly able to offer annual funding for opportunities to foster professional growth.
For this position, the Staff Psychologist/Counselor provides brief, multiculturally-sensitive counseling for individuals, groups, and couples with diverse presenting concerns.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position offering a competitive salary and a robust benefits package.
This opportunity is eligible for a 5,000 hiring incentive in accordance with program guidelines.
The following examples illustrate typical work activities and are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive:
1. Provide direct counseling and mental health services to Bucknell students presenting with a range of mental health and wellness needs within the established counseling model.
Services include intake sessions, assessment, same day phone appointments, individual and group counseling, and crisis intervention.
2. Provide case management, consultation, outreach, maintenance of client records, and administrative tasks as assigned by the Director. Evaluate the need for psychiatric evaluation and facilitate referral.
3. Consult with university staff, faculty, students, family members and other university professionals to support student's health and safety.
4. Maintain appropriate and timely documentation for recordkeeping and communication with other service providers based on ethical and legal standards and requirements to enhance care for students.
5. Engage in professional development to maintain best practices, meet legal and professional requirements/guidelines for licensed clinical practice.
6. Engage in both need assessments and service outcome assessments/evaluations to support the effectiveness and efficiency of services. Make appropriate changes in services based on assessment findings.
7. Participate in after-hours crisis on-call rotation.
8. Participate in departmental meetings and other university activities, as assigned.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical mental health counseling, psychology, or Social Work.
- Licensed in Pennsylvania as a Psychologist (LP)
- Experience working with college-aged young adults
- Demonstrated multicultural counseling competency
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in advancing diversity topics and supporting multicultural identity development, as well as proven ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Experience with group services (i.e., therapy and support groups)
- Experience working in a college/university counseling center setting.
- Specialized experience and demonstrated competence in providing clinical services related to one or more of the following:
a. Trauma and grief counseling
b. Men's issues and masculinity
c. Diverse populations including but not limited to those who have historically experienced barriers to mental health access (e.g. students of color, LGBTQIA+ community, linguistically diverse backgrounds)
d. Anxiety and DBT skill-building (e.g. distress tolerance, emotional regulation)
e. Disordered eating and body image concerns
This is a full-time staff exempt, benefits eligible position.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $75,000-$88,125. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497471/staff-psychologist-licensed
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency