This ad is expired.
Staff Counselor I or Staff Counselor II
Job No: 497457
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Student Affairs
As the campus' primary mental health and psychological wellness service for students, the Counseling & Student Development Center (CSDC) is uniquely positioned to make meaningful contributions to Bucknell's initiatives related to diversity and fostering a culture of inclusion on campus. For this position, the Staff Psychologist provides brief, multiculturally-sensitive counseling for individuals and groups with diverse presenting concerns.
Full-time licensed mental health provider to join the Counseling & Student Development Center staff to provide clinical services to Bucknell students in an effort to enhance their personal and academic wellbeing. This position involves working collaboratively with a team of mental health professionals, psychologists, counselors, licensed social workers, and psychiatrists, providing comprehensive psychological services including individual and group psychotherapy, initial assessments, crisis intervention, consultation, after hours on-call. This is a 12-month position.
This is a full-time, staff exempt position, offering a competitive salary and robust benefits package.
The Staff Counselor I opportunity is eligible for a $3,000 hiring incentive and the Staff Counselor II opportunity is eligible for a $5,000 hiring incentive in accordance with program guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples illustrate typical work activities and are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive:
Direct Clinical Functions
Provide direct counseling and mental health services to Bucknell students presenting with a range of mental health and wellness needs within the established counseling model. Services include intake sessions, assessment, same day phone appointments, individual and group counseling, and crisis intervention. (65% weekly)
Provide case management, consultation, outreach, maintenance of client records, and administrative tasks as assigned by the Director (20% weekly).
Clinical supervision (5% weekly)
Participate in after-hours crisis on-call rotation. (5% weekly)
Participate in departmental meetings and other university activities, as assigned. (2.5% weekly)
Perform other duties as assigned. (2.5% weekly)
Staff Counselor I:
- Master's degree (MA) in clinical mental health counseling, psychology or Master's degree (MS) in Social Work
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Experience providing counseling to college aged students.
Staff Counselor II:
- Master's degree (MA) in clinical mental health counseling, psychology or Master's degree (MS) in Social Work;
- Licensed as a LPC or LCSW in the State of Pennsylvania or another state with the expectation of acquiring licensure in Pennsylvania within six month of hire.
- Three years of counseling experience post licensure.
- Experience providing counseling to college aged students.
Minimum of one year of experience providing mental health services in a university counseling center setting.
Experience with managing crisis situations, completing risk assessments and disposition planning to address safety risks.
Demonstrated skill in working well under pressure to prioritize and manage multiple complex clinical situations.
Interest and/or experience collaborating with other departments or offices on multidisciplinary teams in a Higher Education setting.
Well-developed counseling and clinical supervision skills.
A demonstrated commitment to multicultural competency.
This is a full-time, 12-month, staff exempt position, offering a competitive salary and robust benefits package.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of SCI: $50,000-59,700; SCII $55,000-65,625 (E08). The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497457/staff-counselor-i-or-staff-counselor-ii
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency