This ad is expired.
Mental Health Crisis and Consultation Specialist
Close Date: 14-September-2023
Salary Range: $70,000 - $78,000 per year; DOE
Under administrative direction, uses clinical skills for professional consultation, crisis and risk assessment, care coordination and preventive outreach during evening/overnight hours. Works as part of ASU Counseling Team, with offices in University Housing environments. This position serves as weeknight crisis response, allowing for on site assessment of ASU students at all 4 ASU Campus locations. This position works alongside weekday counseling team to provide streamlined crisis management of clients, including evening check-ins with students who present with elevated risk, as well as coordination for students who engage in mental health platforms across ASU. Concurrently, engages with University Housing to offer consultation, outreach, postvention, and training, as part of a larger team of consultation and prevention specialists.
Must have availability for one of the available shifts:
Evening Hours: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Overnight Hours: Monday - Friday 12:00am - 9:00am
- Provides emergency and/or after hours and on-call services, receiving calls from ASU professionals, ASU PD or ASU Crisis through EMPACT, who require emergency mental health assessment, intervention and support for ASU Students. ASU Students call ASU Crisis through EMPACT for direct contact with crisis response.
- Provides evening outreach, consultation, and postvention to the campus community, focusing on residential communities.
- Completes asynchronous case management messaging via electronic health portal to ASU Counseling Services clients.
- Complete risk management clinical support for ASU Counseling Services and Health Services clients, including post-hospitalization check-ins, care coordination for emergent service needs.
- Serves as liaison with university departments, regularly engaging with University Housing, ASU Police, Dean of Students.
- Provides consultation services to faculty, staff, and university departments.
- Provides training and supervision to clinical trainees.
- Participates in agency program evaluation and research.
- Engages in professional development activities to maintain licensure/certification.
- Performs additional professional services based on individual skills and interests consistent with agency need.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy; AND one (1) year of experience providing mental health counseling and therapy; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Current State of Arizona License in good standing to practice psychotherapy by the Arizona Board of Health Examiners (AZBBHE).
- Evidence of a LCSW, LPC, PsyD or PhD independent licensure in Arizona
- Experience with preventative outreach, including consultation and presentations.
- Experience with on-site crisis assessment and intervention
- Bilingual in English and in Spanish or Arabic or Farsi or Mandarin or Hindi
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures of mental health counseling and related services.
- Experience in crisis assessment, intervention and coordination of emergent care.
- Experience in consultation and outreach.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Work occurs onsite, with office space in University Housing environment, with possibility of traveling onsite to 4 ASU campuses in greater phoenix area.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals;
- Receives periodic review of work activities to ensure adherence to established goals, objectives, and deliverables.
Overnight working hours are from Monday - Friday 12:00am - 9:00am
ASU CS has a strong commitment to meeting the needs of diverse people and creating an environment where all persons feel welcome. The staff of psychologists, social workers, and counselors work with students from a wide range of theoretical orientations. As the primary mental health care provider for ASU, we are committed to supporting our students' academic goals by providing access and service for all of ASU's students. ASU CS staff are committed to balancing the challenging demands of clinical service provision with a dedication to creating a collaborative environment that provides attention to our own personal wellness and professional development.Arizona State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes valuable employee benefits to enhance the total compensation of its staff. This package includes:Tuition Reduction Program for staff members, their spouses, and dependents, available on day one.Low-cost health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available on day one.Retirement program designed to promote long-term savings and provide income upon retirement.Paid time for volunteer and professional development.Wellness program for preventative health education and screenings.Disability and leave program for income protection.Employee assistance for free and confidential behavioral health services.For more benefits information, please visit: http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASUs Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4811823
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency