This position is responsible for providing counseling services to Middle Georgia State College students.
Provide students with academic, career and personal counseling, to include:
- Interpreting students' psycho-educational assessment reports; determines needs and provides individualized academic accommodations; interprets psychological and development assessments and inventories.
- Maintaining confidential records of student sessions.
- Developing and facilitating structured groups, workshops, presentations and counseling outreach programs.
- Providing emergency and crisis counseling to students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Provides appropriate college community and clinical referrals.
- Promotes the adoption of healthy lifestyle choices for mental, emotional and social health through campus events and outreach.
Perform administrative functions, to include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Answering phone calls and greeting students when they enter the office.
- Serving as a member of the Assessment and Care Team, which typically meets monthly.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of counseling services in the context of higher education.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to counseling services.
- Knowledge of counseling principles as related to at-risk populations and crisis situations.
- Skill in the provision of counseling services to a diverse student body.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Graduate Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology is required.
- Must be Licensed or License Eligible to practice in the state of Georgia (LPC, LCSW, Clinical Psychology)
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency