This ad is expired.
Administrative Coordinator, Wharton Behavioral Lab
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator, Wharton Behavioral Lab
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Implement research projects at the Wharton Behavioral Lab with the help of laboratory assistants. The purpose of the position is to provide assistance to the WBL Senior Research Coordinator on a variety of services that support data collection for behavioral research on business-related topics.
The primary goal is to enhance the productivity of Wharton faculty by minimizing the operational cost and time when conducting their research projects. The position should contribute to Wharton's reputation for excellence in academic research and enhance the school's ability to attract and retain the very best scholars.
Responsible for the activities of the lab, communicating daily on all aspects related to lab operations with the Senior Research Coordinator. The Lab Coordinator is responsible for working with researchers to refine complex study designs and fit them to the parameters of the lab. The Lab Coordinator is responsible for making all elements of the study run smoothly and must integrate the study design with the lab's data collection and operational tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Sona).
The Lab Coordinator is also tasked with maintaining a robust participant pool to ensure successful data collection. The Lab Coordinator will also work with the Senior Research Coordinator in hiring student RA's and delegating tasks to them.
- Responsible for the activities of the lab, communicating daily on all aspects related to lab operations with Senior Research Coordinator. Open and close the lab. Assist over SO participants per day and provide them with appropriate instructions to ensure data collection is processed properly. Oversee student Research Assistants.
- Handle all studies in assigned lab. Follow necessary steps to set study up and gather study materials in advance. Create RA instructions, train RA's in
study procedures. *Send Sona recruitment emails. Ensure study runs smoothly and is processed correctly. Oversee preparation of post-study documentation. submit to Associate Director.
- Work with Senior Research Coordinator to develop recruitment plan. Plan recruitment events and promotional programs for potential participants.
Coordinate with faculty for classroom visits. Network with on-campus organizations/publications to maintain WBL online/on-campus presence. Assist
Senior Research Coordinator with social media accounts.
- Meet with researchers to discuss study ideas. Advise researchers on parameters of the lab and make suggestions to ensure studies run smoothly in the
lab. Bring in other lab staff when appropriate, e.g. meet with IT Director or IT Support Specialist when study requires use of atypical
- Share responsibility of online studies with Senior Research Coordinator. Coordinate with researchers interested in running remotely, test links, surveys Qualtrics to be compatible with Sona participant tracking/payment Create sessions on Sona and send recruitment emails. Qualtrics
training required to successfully implement online studies.
- Handle payments to participants in compliance with The University of Pennsylvania policies and auditing procedures. Reconcile the money spent
through the day and update records. Report balance to Senior Research Coordinator.
- Provide support to other lab, serve as a backup RA when short-staffed.
- Handle concerns and questions from participants in WBLContaot email and in person (concerns with Sona, ClinCard, etc). Update Sona and ClinCard
materials on WBL site, maintain correspondence with participants guiding use of WBL systems. Create documentation as needed. Handle Sona
participant accounts when necessary.
- Assist Senior Research Coordinator with hiring student RA's
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
High School Grad/GE Degree, and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$20.45 - $21.63 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SteinbergDietrich-Hall/Administrative-Coordinator--Wharton-Behavioral-Lab_JR00079378
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency